We've Moved

We've moved! See RestoringMyBalance.com

Friday, October 26, 2012

Day 70- Keep Calm & Plan a Snack Attack

I have read many books by many authors
on diet, fitness and wellness.
I really like the a lot of what Jillian Michaels
has to say about all of the above!

One of the concepts that she teaches is
that you can eat through any amount of
exercise if you aren't watching your
caloric intake.

In an effort to eat enough calories for
healthy living AND muscle development-
it can be easy to eat TOO MANY calories.

But in an effort to lose weight and develop
a fit and tone looking body, it is easy to
eat TOO FEW calories!

Oh my, oh my-
it is really enough to drive a person mad!!

Well, I recently read an article that I am
almost sure was written after watching
the people in my house.

It was written as a warning that when a person
is getting a good workout and feeling good about
their attempts at fitness, there is a danger that
in the kitchen they will let down their guard
and feel safe to eat what they want.

After two weeks of being really good and going
to the gym 5 days a week, I have to confess I got
a little lazy, munchy and naughty today :(

I don't know what caused me the trouble,
could be my three day headache that isn't
lightening up at all.
Could be this strange anxiety that just
developed a few days a go?
It might be that for the past three days
I have been surrounded by candies,


cookies, doughnuts and goodies that I have

NOT eaten- and my will power was pushed
to the limit?

Or it could be that I didn't realize that
ONE peanut M&M has 10 calories
 
and I simply got carried away!!!

So my advice to you & me is to
make sure calories are being tracked
in some sort of a food program.
Also,CHECK the calorie content BEFORE you
partake if you are at all unsure- avoid the SHOCK
when it is too late to do anything about it.
AND have a plan for what you can help curb
your cravings if/WHEN they come around-
usually almonds are a good choice for me!!


The Good, The Bad and The Ugly from Today
B: Baked Oatmeal, Mango slices
S: Greek Yogurt with frozen berries & granola
L: Tortilla Crusted Tilapia & Sauteed Peppers
S:  Apple, 3 bites of Ice Cream & a mini Reese's cup
D: Roasted Veggie & Chicken Soup, Roll
Total Calories: 1245
Exercise: 4 miles treadmill intervals
45 minutes Yoga

No comments:

Post a Comment