We've Moved

We've moved! See RestoringMyBalance.com

Monday, November 5, 2012

Day 65- Mixed Grains Hot Cereal

I bought this amazing package of
mixed grains at a specialty grocer
here in town.

I absolutely LOVED the nuttiness,
the variety and the taste of this
hot breakfast!

But I absolutely HATED that
this one store is the ONLY store
I can find this little package of goodness-
and this ONE store happens to be completely
out of my way and at least 25 minutes from
my home- not somewhere I just "stop by".

I went to five other grocery stores,
Trader Joe's,
Whole Foods Market,
Sprouts,
Kroger and
Market Street...
in hopes of finding it-
but NO LUCK!!!

BUT, this story has a Happy Ending-
though I wasn't able to find the
packaged blend,
I was able to find all the grains.
So I went home and made my own mix!!

Yup, I did it and it was DELICIOUS!


I mixed four grains,
1/2 cup steel cut oats
1/2 cup farro
1/4 cup millet
1/4 cup pearled barley

I boiled it with 3 cups of water
until all the water had been absorbed.
I added a little bit of light agave
and some pecan pieces for a
perfectly healthy grain breakfast for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment